Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The target of a legacy

This is my inheritance
I am the target of a legacy
A birthright created
Through sacrifice and offering

This is my heritage
Wrought through blood and passion
Conceived and delivered
Through tears and holy obsession

The tradition of my ancestors
I will not permit to be stolen
It is for this demonstration
I am fashioned and formed

Do not rob me of my inheritance
Do not take from me my joy
For if you touch what is handed down to me
You touch the passion of my God

I will not consent to your access
Of this most holy place
Though you charm, delight or fascinate
Or attempt to weave you lies

This legacy is mine
And not one that can be stolen
For the tears and offerings unfulfilled
Are about to produce in the open

Blood and passion
Obsession and zeal
Have created for me
This heritage soon fulfilled

No comments: